RailsCamp Germany 2014 is coming, and you’re all invited!
This is a guest blog post from the organizers of RailsCamp. We are very happy that such an awesome events exists and we suggest you, to come to RailsCamp. There will be a lot of Rails Girls. And wouldn’t it be nice to make something together?
Join up to 200 fellow Rails developers and addicts in Cologne for the 6th edition of RailsCamp Germany!
The crowd-organised unconference will take place from September 26th to September 28th. Meet old and new friends, learn, teach, exchange ideas and experiences, and have tons of fun. The Rails Girls will also be present at the event, so it will be a great fit for people that are new to Rails, as well.
The venue will be Abenteuerhallen Kalk. It’s the same awesome indoor climbing/skating place like last year, providing space for lots of techie (talks, workshops) and non-techie (climbing, skating, soccer, kicker, basketball) activities. You can even set up camp in the the neighbouring skate hall, so you don’t have to leave during the whole weekend.
RailsCamp Germany is all about networking and exchanging knowledge and ideas in the most laid-back atmosphere possible – no stress, no hardcore schedule, and space for whatever you feel like doing. And most importantly: you will decide what exactly the camp will be in the end! In fact, we have only two rules:
1. Everybody contributes, no matter what or how small. (This might be a talk, a discussion session, asking questions, helping out with one of the many tasks on site (e.g. managing the reception stand for an hour), helping organise something upfront – whatever you like.)
2. There are no other rules. (Except being racist, sexist, or any other kind of being mean, of course. Take a look at our Code of Conduct)
This event is created by you! So, start thinking about sessions you like to host or you would like to participate. We have a tool for collecting your ideas and proposals.
It’ll take some hands and planning to stay on top of our customary anarchy. And as a 100% non-profit community event we’ll need as many of you as possible to help get everything in place for this Unconference Extraordinaire.
As a decentralized organisation team, we’ve set up some tools to help us collaborate remotely. If you want to get involved before the event, check out what we already have, find something you’d like to help with or add something new, and join the conversation:
- GitHub Issues on the event repo are our main organisation channel. We already started adding some topics and tasks, but people are adding new things every day.
- #railscamp_de on Freenode is our official IRC channel. Just drop by anytime.
- Join our newsletter.
- We’re also doing regular Google Hangouts every Tuesday at 6pm. The URL is always shared on Twitter.
- So start following us on Twitter! Hashtag: #rcg14
Okay, long story short: fellow RailsCampers, you’re all invited to join us for the 6th incarnation of RailsCamp Germany in September in Cologne! We’re open to everyone, from beginners to masters of their craft. It’ll be an epic weekend of learning new things, meeting fellow enthusiasts, and having tons of fun. Everything is allowed (but don’t forget the code of conduct ; ), and you’re in charge of the program. We’re incredibly excited, and we hope to see you there!